The last time I de-cluttered (again), I threw out almost 90% of my make-up products. All expired and barely used. What a waste.
I use make-up only when there is an occasion. Also, I am lazy to do it on a daily basis when I don’t really need to. Nevertheless, I felt necessary to own every eye shadow and lipstick and blusher shade – just in case. How silly. Everything expired before I even had a chance to apply it. I mean, how many special occasions are there in a year?
When I replenished my make-up collection I decided minimalism is the way to go. I like the nude and subtle look because I believe in applying make-up to enhance your features, not paint them. So, neutral earth colours it is.
This is a list of my entire make up collection and they do the job for me wonderfully:
- Elianto BB Cream, natural shade number 02.
- Maybelline Mineral power foundation powder.
- Cover Girl TruConceal concealer.
- Lo’real Infallible eyeliner in black. A thin line for a simple day look and smudged lines for a smokey evening look, with or without eyeshadow. Doubles up as an eyebrow pencil for me too – dabbing it along my brows and smudging it using the built-in smudger to blend into and shape my natural browline.
- Maybelline Expert Wear eyeshadow in Natural Smokes. Can be either applied lightly in the day or used to build colours for a smokey eye finish in the evening.
- Maybelline Falsies VolumExpress waterproof mascara. Because I have short and droopy eyelashes.
- Sally Hansen lip gloss, one in nude and one in peach/pink.
- Thin Lizzy 6 in 1 Professional Powder in Light as my blusher. When travelling, this is my blusher, eyeshadow and face sculptor/bronzer all in one. Love it.
When I bought my Thin Lizzy, it came as a set with a brown and black eye pencil and a clear lip gloss. Otherwise, I only have one of each essential makeup product. My makeup box is well equipped to create a few different looks for me. It is complete and minimalist. I am happy.
How many make-up products do you have and actually use?